Kennebec River Whitewater Rafting
Maine’s Kennebec River is Northeast Whitewater’s most popular Maine whitewater rafting adventure, and one of the finest stretches of whitewater river rafting in the country. The Kennebec River rises right next door in Moosehead Lake and hurtles over 150 miles toward the ocean, through some of Maine’s most spectacular whitewater, scenery and wildlife. Northeast Whitewater has enjoyed the Kennebec River and led whitewater rafting expeditions on the Kennebec River for years. We love rafting the Kennebec, and once we take you through the Kennebec River Gorge or over the big whitewater rafting hit of Magic Falls, you’ll love rafting the Kennebec, too.
High volume water with dam-controlled flows give Kennebec River whitewater rafting trips reliable water flows and a whole lot of fun. Choose your whitewater rafting speed—family-friendly 4800 cfs Kennebec River releases are a roller coaster ride guaranteed from May to October. Enjoy the wild whitewater excitement of the Kennebec River Gorge, Big Mama and and Magic Falls, and then take in the gorgeous Maine scenery and watch for Maine wildlife while you float or swim the lower section of the Kennebec River. Looking to try our inflatable kayaks – ask about adding an inflatable kayak to your lower Kennebec river float!
You can turbocharge your Kennebec River whitewater rafting adventure and sign on for our four 8000 cfs turbine test water releases. These are the biggest waves around and the biggest water you’ll find on the East Coast, with whitewater rapids named after washing machines. A true adrenaline rush, an 8000 cfs water release is can’t-miss for experienced, adventurous whitewater rafters.
Northeast Whitewater can uniquely offer you a private raft experience, by adding our state of the art Sport Rafts on any of our Kennebec river rafting trips. Our Sport Rafts are the smallest rafts on the whitewater rapids, make for a wilder ride and guarantee the best guide!
We get to go whitewater rafting in Maine every day, so we know just how addictive whitewater rafting thrills can be. You can also add another whitewater river rafting experience to your Kennebec River trip—ask about our Two Rivers in Two Days whitewater rafting packages, and see more of Maine and more of New England’s best whitewater rafting.
Call Northeast Whitewater to set up your Kennebec River whitewater rafting adventure today 1-207-695-0151 or Book Now.
KENNEBEC RIVER WHITEWATER RAFTING 4800 CFS PRICING
|May – June||$ 84||$ 104||$ 94|
|July – August||$ 94||$124||$ 104|
|September – October||$ 84||$ 104||$ 94|
KENNEBEC RIVER WHITEWATER RAFTING 8000 CFS PRICING
|Saturday, June 17, 2017||$ 124|
|Monday, July 10, 2017||$ 124|
|Saturday, September 9, 2017||$ 124|
|Saturday, September 23, 2017||$ 124|
- Northeast Whitewater provides all the equipment you need for your Kennebec River whitewater rafting trip, including state-of-the-art self-bailing rafts, Type V lifejackets, paddles, helmets and safety equipment. Wetsuits are available at an additional cost and are required on some whitewater rafting trips on the Kennebec River.
- Every boat on a Northeast Whitewater Kennebec River whitewater rafting trip is helmed by a Registered Maine Guide.
- Northeast Whitewater provides the local transportation for your Kennebec River whitewater rafting trip.
- A user fee of $6.00 to cover road access to the Kennebec River and a State of Maine head fee is added to each whitewater rafting guest.
- Our famous river lunch is included in your Kennebec River whitewater rafting adventure.
- Northeast Whitewater screens a photo slideshow of the day’s whitewater rafting adventure (available for purchase). Video is available on any Kennebec River whitewater rafting trip at an additional cost and must be requested in advance.
- We pride ourselves on small, personalized trips. Northeast Whitewater requires a minimum of eight participants on guided Kennebec River whitewater rafting trips. If your party is less, you can join an existing whitewater rafting trip.
- Inflatable Kayaks are available for all Kennebec River whitewater rafting trips after rafting the upper Kennebec River Gorge. Limit 2 inflatable kayaks per raft of 8.
- $20 per single inflatable kayak
- $30 per tandem inflatable kayak
- Sport Rafts are available for all Kennebec River whitewater rafting trips. Sport Rafts are the smallest rafts on the river. Everything looks and feels bigger. Sport rafts guarantee that you will have your own raft, and are driven by only the most experienced Northeast Whitewater Registered Maine guides.
- $20 per person for a 14′ raft (6 person minimum)
- $30 per person for a 13′ raft (4 person minimum)
- Ask about our Two Rivers in Two Days discount whitewater rafting packages
The guides at Northeast are “one-of-a-kind treasures” that immediately project confidence, knowledge and experience that set my mind to ease. Did I mention they wrap a whole lot of FUN into an adventure as well? We went down the Kennebec on a high release day that was amazing! It is most impressive watching the camaraderie and sense of “team” build amongst strangers instantly from “putting in”, to floating side-by-side in the river, to dining on an incredible (and satisfying) hot lunch on the river bank (the fried rice is delicious), to when you take out down river. From start to finish it was a memory to last a lifetime. I’ll be back to make more memories rafting with Northeast Whitewater for sure!